Rail to truck – Truck to rail – A-frame/Centerbeams – Up to 60ft High Cap box car
• Bulkhead flats – Intermodal containers to trucks, vans or cars
Crossdocking is an effective solution leveraged to improve transportation service to customers and reduce handling and storage costs. It allows clients to route product from one or multiple manufacturing site(s) to a distribution center strategically located near to the designated customer population. Product is shipped in bulk from manufacturing plants to where it is then deconsolidated into multiple shipments and delivered directly to customers.
Crossdocking is a sound strategy for companies that:
1. Find they are consistently shipping from manufacturing site(s) to multiple customers, resulting in frequent and costly small shipments (less-than-truckload) that have to travel long distances. Crossdocking allows companies to send bulk shipments via full truckload, intermodal container, or railcar to a strategic distribution center that is closer to the customer base, making pool delivery possible and/or reducing the LTL expense by reducing the distance to the destination.
2. Have a regional customer base that is far from the origin of manufacture and demands a short delivery window between the time of order placement and the requested delivery date.
3. Do not have the physical space, equipment, labor, or materials required for special order fulfillment, palletizing, labeling and packaging activities at their manufacturing site.
4. Wish to reduce the amount of excess inventory stored at their own facility or manufacturing site, either to reduce inventory-carrying costs or simply due to limited available.
Container Freight Station and Rail Service:
Junction City Reload facility (JCR) is rail served. In many cases, companies can reduce transportation expenses by shipping via rail to cover long distances. However, not all end customers have stores or plants that are rail-served and not all customers purchase railcar-sized orders in bulk. By cross-docking product at JCR distribution center, companies can still reap the cost-saving benefits of rail transportation and meet customers’ delivery requirements. Junction City Reload provides cross-docking services for containers shipped to the US from domestic and international origins. Upon arrival at our facility, containers are unloaded and product can be sorted before re-loading into domestic trailers for LTL or truckload shipment.
High Iron Hopper Loading Service
Flat Car Loading